Monday, October 15, 2007

Memorial for My Nephew

Our family suffered a terrible loss on Friday evening. My brother's only son, John Robert Layman, Jr., was electrocuted on the roof of a house he was restoring. We don't really know much except that the city of Kansas City hasn't released him to the family.

John was only twelve years younger than I. He was always a good-looking kid who had his grandfather's and father's athleticism. He was a close-to-turning-pro soccer player who gave a shot at the Los Angeles team back in the day. John could make his body do anything he wanted it to. He was pretty darned good.

Besides my brother, John leaves his mother, Marilyn (my dear, sweet sister-in-law), and his two beloved sisters, Ann and Marian.

There will be a memorial service at 10:00 am, Saturday, at Newcomers in Kansas City.

No comments: